Pages

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Oreo

This world, and especially our family, was blessed with the greatest dog of all time from 1998-2012. He truly is one of a kind! 


Thanks for:
* All the Walks * Playing Sock * Making good use of all the stuffed animals I won from the claw machine * Playing Fetch * Playing Tug *All the snuggles *Singing along when I played the flute * Chasing birds * Taking care of me w...hen I had Mono *Protecting me in my college apartment when I was alone *Greating me everytime I came home *Keeping me company at night *Making friends with everyone *Popping our used tennis balls *Being so freakin' smart, loveable, funny, playful, cuddly, slobbery and most of all, for being you! You are irreplaceable and will never be forgotten. I am glad you are not in pain anymore but you will be missed.


My dad found this poem which is an awesome tribute to a great dog!

My best friend closed his eyes today,
As his head was in my hand.
The Doctors said he was in pain,
...
And it was hard for him to stand.
The thoughts that scurried through my head,
As I cradled him in my arms.
Were of his younger, puppy years,
And Oh...his many charms.
Today, there was no gentle nudge
With an intense "I love you gaze",
Only a heart that's filled with tears
Remembering our joy filled days.
But an Angel just appeared to me,
And he said, "You should cry no more,
GOD also loves our canine friends,
HE's installed a 'doggy-door'!!!
 



This is how I picture Oreo now; up running in heaven, pain free, playing with other dogs, enjoying yummy homemade breakfasts from Grandma and making everyone he meets a happier person. 

No comments:

Post a Comment