Pages

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Independence Day

I love music.  I find so much meaning and understanding through songs.  Here are some lyrics that speak to me around the 4th of July.

It's a high school prom
It's a Springsteen song
It's a ride in a Chevrolet
It's a man on the moon
And fireflies in June
And kids sellin' lemonade
It's cities and farms
It's open arms
One nation under God
It's America (It's America by Rodney Atkins)

I’d thank my lucky stars
to be livin here today
‘Cause the flag still stands for freedom
and they can’t take that away

And I’m proud to be an American
where at least I know I’m free
And I wont forget the men who died
who gave that right to me

And I gladly stand up
next to you and defend her still today
‘Cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land
God bless the USA (God Bless the USA by Lee Greenwood)


All gave some and some gave all
And some stood through for the red, white and blue
And some had to fall
And if you ever think of me
Think of all your liberties and recall
Some gave all (Some Gave All by Billy Ray Cyrus)

There's a lady that stands in a harbor
For what we believe
And there's a bell that still echoes
The price that it cost to be free (Where the stars and stripes and the eagle fly by Aaron Tippin)


An American child
'Cause dreams can grow wild
Born inside an American child (American Child by Phil Vassar)


So we raise her up every morning
And we bring her down slow every night,
We don't let her touch the ground,
And we fold her up right.
On second thought
I do like to brag
Cause I'm mighty proud of
That Ragged Old Flag (Ragged Old Flag by Johnny Cash)


I hope you have a wonderful and safe 4th of July full of all the Family, Friends, Fireworks, Apple Pie and Red, White and Blue!

No comments:

Post a Comment