Pages

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Happy Anniversary

Has it really been another year already?  It feels like just yesterday I was writing about our anniversary's of the past (click here to read that blog). Now, as I sit on one end of the couch watching the Olympics, with Matt cuddled with hedgehog Spike, on the other, I am reminded that simple = perfection.  Over the last 8 years, we really have created a pretty simple/perfect life.


Little did we know that when we asked Beckie Hocker to perform the music at our ceremony, she would choose such a perfect song for the two of us.  Here are the first three stanza's in the song It is you (I have loved) from the movie Shrek 

There is something that I see
In the way you look at me
There's a smile, there's a truth in your eyes

But an unexpected way
On this unexpected day
Could it mean this is where I belong
It is you I have loved all along

It's no more mystery
It is finally clear to me
You're the home my heart searched for so long
And it is you I have loved all along

July 31 2004

Happy Anniversary Matt, I love you more and more each year and I look forward to many many more together!

No comments:

Post a Comment