Pages

Sunday, November 8, 2015

"Daddy Fix" and camping

Growing up, we had a saying, "Daddy Fix".  My dad always said he could fix anything but "a broken heart, the crack of dawn and the crack of your ass".  This was never more apparent than during our latest camping trip.

I drove the RV for the first time for our October trip.  I took the afternoon off and bought our food, packed the RV and heading into Newberg to pick up Matt and head to Champoeg Park.  As I left our storage spot, I quickly realized that I had forgotten to unplug the RV.  I stopped and got out, realized I was on the cord, reversed the RV and checked over the cord.  Everything looked fine, so I buttoned up and headed out.

Once at Champoeg, we set up and realize we have no power.  I say a quick prayer and go ask the Site Managers on duty about it and they call the Ranger to check our power box (hoping that it was that).  Of course, the site has power.  Matt and the Ranger start checking the cord and low and behold, it's F*&ed up.  The Ranger asks "you didn't, by chance drive off with it plugged in did you?"  and I'm sold out.....

We walk over to my parents site and tell them what happened and that we are probably gonna need to go home instead of camp.  Dad says, bring your RV over here so I can look at it.  Low and Behold, "Mr. Fix-It" pulls out his drill, flash light, 2 different colors of electrical tape, knife and other tools and is saves the day.  He was able to shorten our cord by 2 feet and then rewire it.

Yeah Daddy!!

Hard at work on the cords

I did quite a number


Teaching Hudson to "Shake"

He loves camping

Yummy Breakfast on a rainy Sunday


Daddy Snuggles
Enjoying a book on the drive home


No comments:

Post a Comment