Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The Traveler's Gift

I have been busying enjoying yet another great book for this summer, called The Traveler's Gift by Andy Andrews.  My brother recommended it and it wasn't what I was expecting, but it's a great read.  This book is very inspiring as I begin to think about heading back to work at the end of the month.  Here are a few snipets and lessons I enjoyed:

"Your future is what you decide it will be"

"In the future when I am tepted to ask the question "Why me?" I will immediately counter wiht the answer: "Why not me?"  Challenges are gifts, opportunities to learn.  Problems are the common thread running through the lives of great men and women.  In times of adversity, I will not have a problem to deal with; I will have a chance make.  My thoughts will be clear.  I will make the right choice....I accept responsibility for my past.  I control my thoughts.  I control my emotions.  I am responsible for my success."

"I will seek wisdom.  I will counsel with others.  When I counsel wih just myself, I can make decisions only according to what I already know.  By counseling with with a wise man [God], I add his knowledge and experience to my own and dramatically increase my success." 

"When faced with a decision, many people say they are waiting for God.  But, I understand, in most cases, God is waiting for me!  He has given me a healthy mind togather and sort information and the courage to come to a conclusion.....successful people make their decisions quickly and change their minds slowly.  Failures make their decisions slowly and change their minds quickly."

"Passion! Passion is a product of the heart.  Passion is what helps you when you have a great dream.  Passion breeds conviction nad turns mediocrity into excellence!  Your passion will motivate others to join you in pursuit of your dream.  With passion, you will overcome insurmountable obstacles.  You will become unstoppable!"

This is just from the first half of the book.  I am looking forward to finishing the last half.  If someone else is interested in reading this book; I would love to hear your thoughts when finished too.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment